Best Guide for Alexa App & Alexa Echo Setup | Alexa.Amazon.Com
AMAZON ALEXA APP
Alexa is Amazon’s voice-control system. Let’s speak your wishes to Echo smart speaker (alexa.amazon.com). First of all, speak simple ones, like dimming your lights or playing music tracks, news updates, and whether traffic.
Amazon Alexa app is now available for the Windows 10 desktop. And laptop computer users, which they can download from Microsoft store. Users can also utilize the hands-free feature of Alexa if the computer is compatible with the same.
To download Alexa app, select the settings in the main menu. Open the free iOS or Android devices. Now, log in with your Amazon account information to the web interface at alexa.amazon.com. You will see a list of all of your devices that offer Alexa services.
All the devices which are operated by Alexa virtual assistant can be managed by an Alexa app. This app is available at alexa.amazon.com. Also on the entire browser on your smartphones and desktops as well as the Amazon app store.
With the help of the Alexa app, you need to set up all the devices to manage alarms, music, shopping, and many more.
Here are a Few Steps to Download Alexa app and Alexa setup
1.) Firstly, you need to enter your Amazon account login id & password and press sign in. After that, you will be required to give permission to Alexa to access your contacts and notifications.
Tap on the main menu button on the top right corner of the page. Now, click Settings on the drop-down box from the options given in the menu bar.
2.) Now the download Alexa app from alexa.amazon.com it may ask to connect it via your Smartphone’s wireless settings. Follow the instructions appearing on the screen to connect through wifi to a custom named Amazon network.
3.) Then ‘Set up a new device’ option will appear, click on it. Choose the correct device type from the list and tap it to connect Alexa to wifi button.
Use the power adapter which comes with the Alexa device and avoids other USB power adapters as they may not provide enough power to the Alexa.
4.) Now a confirmation message will be pop up that Alexa connects with the wifi network, so tap on to continue. A list of available wifi networks will be displayed within the app itself.
Select the available network with which you want to connect Alexa to wifi and enter a password if prompted.
5.) The Alexa app screen will be preparing your device. If the wifi connection is successfully established. Then you will see a message of Alexa Setup complete: Alexa connects to the wifi.
Please note: – If Amazon Alexa setup process does not automatically start. To start it, press & hold the button on the echo device until the blue light turns orange. Open the Alexa on the menu. Select the devices and click on Add Alexa Device.
Echo Dot Setup
Amazon Echo dot is a smart speaker device in which you can control various smart devices by using the voice commands. This echo device is very reasonable. Apart from that one can place this at any desired location at your home, such as a living room, bedroom or kitchen.
Here are some useful features for Alexa echo dot are given below:-
- Gives Information about Movie timings or movie theatre.
- Voice calling and sending text messages by setting the alarms.
- Orders and tracks all the purchases made on the Amazon Alexa app.
Echo dot setup instructions to follow:
1.) Initially, plugin the Echo dot to the power outlet. You can easily download Alexa app by visiting alexa.amazon.com
2.) Now, You can use your Amazon account login and password to sign up by connecting your device to the WIFI in the Alexa app.
3.) In the next step, in the Amazon Alexa setup app and select the correct device to set up.
4.) In the end, you have to press the Action button and hold on your Echo dot device for about 10 seconds. An orange light is filling the ring present on the top of the device. This indicates that your Alexa dot is connected successfully. Now, Echo Dot setup is done.
Amazon Echo Show Setup
Echo Show is one of a premium member of the Amazon Echo family. That comes with a 7-inch touch screen and it allows the users to watch video content. Read music lyrics and many more by using their personal voice assistant.
Here are some useful features for Alexa echo show are given below:-
- It has a touchscreen camera which is not available in Amazon any other device.
- Its camera can use for scanning any product with its bar code and order it them automatically.
- You can make video calls and listen to songs with lyrics.
- Also, see your camera security feed and also can be used as a photo frame.
The below mentioned is the Echo Show setup process:-
1.) Plugin the Echo Show device to the power outlet. Simply download the Alexa app from alexa.amazon.com
2.) Connect it with available WiFi as it doesn’t have an external port. This is the only option to connect.
3.) Sign in with your Amazon account.
4.) Echo Show connected to your Amazon account. You can control Alexa settings from the Alexa app on your phone, or directly on the device.
Echo Plus Setup
Amazon Echo plus is a smart speaker which is launched by Amazon in 2016. It is a combination of both voice recognition with intelligent assistance capabilities. It has a cylindrical structure like a speaker.
Here are some of the amazing features of this device :-
- Echo Plus has built-in Zigbee hub which is easily set up. And controls all the home devices such as control the lights, switches, and doorbell.
- New Premium Speakers which play 360-degree audio and video clips.
- Call or message anyone almost hands-free.
- It has beamforming technology which means it can hear you from any direction.
Here are the few steps for Amazon Echo Plus setup process:-
- witch on your Echo Plus device and start connecting all the necessary cables.
- Go to the alexa.amazon.com or the app store to download the Amazon Alexa app and install it on your mobile device.
- Sign in to valid Amazon account credentials or create a new account.
- Now open the Alexa app and go to the settings menu to add your respective device.
- Tapping on the Echo Plus device will help you to add the device. You can follow the onscreen guide appeared.
- Start speaking to Alexa. Make the required selections such as play music, or to control your Amazon Echo device.
Echo Tap Setup
Amazon Echo Tap has many features that make our lives easier by controlling and obtaining information that you require by just detecting your voice.
Here are some of the amazing features of this smart device offering:-
1.) All in one Amazon music for you to explore by switching on with the tap on the button.
2.) You can choose from a wide variety of music genres and moods.
3.) Dual Stereo Speakers with 360 degrees omnidirectional audio.
4.) Weighs only over a pound with 9 hours of non-stop playback.
Below is the Echo Tap setup Process:-
1. Download Alexa app by visiting alexa.amazon.com and connect your device to the outlet with the included USB cable and AC adapter.
2. Power on Echo Tap. And use it by pressing and holding the action button for a few seconds.
3. You will see the ring light turns orange. You can pair your Amazon Tap to a WiFi network.
4. Alexa is ready to take your queries. How does it work? You just need to press & hold the “Microphone” button or use the wake word, then it will respond you. The default wake word is “Alexa.”